The Cardiac First Response (Community) course is aimed at members of the public and health care professionals. The course meets all the requirements set out by the Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council.
Objective: On completion of the Cardiac First Response (Community) course, participants will have
· An understanding of the principles of first response
· The necessary skills to deal with emergencies
· Essential life-saving skills
· All participants who pass the course successfully receive a Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council certificate.
The course includes:
- Cardiac Emergencies.
- Aspirin Administration.
- Defibrillator (AED).
- Scene management.
- Respiration & Airway obstruction.
- Infant / Child / Adult C.P.R. -Basic life support.
Duration: 4 hrs
Certification: 2 Year certification of Competence, recognised by Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council